I have just finished 2 incubator covers using scraps and leftovers. They are destined to be exhibited with others at a local quilt show before being passed on to Project Linus. Both my daughters went through SCBU after premature births so I wanted to join in this challenge. I free motion quilted using the stitch regulator.
Being around 23 inches square they needed a narrow binding. I cut 1 and 3/4 inch strips to make a double fold binding then used markings on the walking foot to stitch 1/4 inch from the edge and judge when to stop at corners. It was very straightforward and I like the way this foot feeds everything smoothly.
I enjoyed making them although my scrap pile isn’t much smaller.