Have you noticed that at the moment sooo many women are pregnant? Maybe it’s something to do with the long winter – hehe! I’m not pregnant. My demanding little one is enough for me; but as I am on the final spurt of my market preparations, I have a few things for little ones everywhere.
I asked my darling daughter which toy I should make for the instructions and she chose the “Scotty Dog”. Whatever the boss says, mum makes 🙂
- Cotton fabric – preferably woven because it can be washed at 60 degrees
- Cotton teddy fabric
- Stuffing – cotton or anti-allergenic polyester (must be machine-washable)
- Optional: safety eye, some corded or woven ribbon, a button or felt button
- Template: Scotty_Dog_v01
For newborn babies, you can just leave out the embellishments.
Sewing instructions for cuddly dog
Here’s how you make it:
1. Transfer the template onto the wrong side of the cotton fabric.
2. Pin the two pieces of fabric with the right sides together and sew along the marked line using a 1.3 mm straight stitch, leaving an opening for turning.
3. Cut out and cut into the curves/corners.
4. Turn and iron if necessary.
5. If you are using an eye, attach it now. I use a piece of embroidery felt for reinforcement on the wrong side, between the eye and the safety washer.
6. Stuff the dog and sew up the turning opening by hand.
7. If you want to, you can now sew on the neck ribbon by hand.
I still have various bibs, burping cloth and warming pads lying on my sewing table. I’ll show these to you next time.
My dear Berni is constantly on the go, but he does his duty without complaining. Thank you dear Berni!