During the last weeks I started including the GelliPlates from GelliArts in my artwork. Lots and lots of prints have been made, testing different sorts of acrylic colours for fabrics, printing methods aso…. I did some nice cards with it, working on paper is good fun too!
So, at least one meter of white fabric has been created and I love the transparency of the overlaying prints. My first intend was to use it as a table cloth, but then I decided to cut it and make an artbag of it.
Unfortunately there was not enough time to take photos of the entire working process – therefore please have a look at this post – the making of for this shopper is quite the same:
This is a part of the ready printed fabric, before being cut into pieces (just 4….). Most of the stencellings are made by myself too:
You might have got an idea now of all those overlaying prints, that make this piece of fabric in its transparency so special.
I decided to take the sideparts of the fabric for the outsides of the bag. Two striking blocks of letters will be shown both sides. The middle part will be used for the inner lining.
The quilting is quite fine and much lighter, than I normally use to quilt. Most of the original fabric should be left in its semblance. Luckily I had a steady hand at my BERNINA 820 that day :-).
Both sides of the bag are finished now:
In the following I ironed on the stabiliser Decovil-Light I on the outsides of the bag and sticked a double faced adhesive band on the bottom (cork).
All parts are ready to be sewn together now:
The bottom of cork will be integrated in the same way as the bottom of leather, as shown in the tutorial shown above:
I like this new material, as it is so easy to handle.
The new “artbag-shopper” is finished. A pair of baghandles, made of portuguese cork has been added. Perhaps I leave this bag with me and use it myself – who knows ;-).
I assure you all to improve my english 😉 hopefully it will be more perfect from post to post.