At last, this girl is feeling happy with the dress I made her. She’s 9 and very fussy about what she wears at the moment.
Comfort is essential but she’s also fussy about colour, print, style, just about everything and it changes depending on the day of the week.
So I made her a classic skater dress (with a full circle skirt) at her request. Which doesn’t actually mean she’ll wear it, it just meant that she wanted one.
And as it happens my 9 year old loves her new skater dress because:
- It’s blue (her favourite colour).
- It has a big twirl factor (what little girl can resist a twirl?).
- It’s comfortable (she can do handstands and cartwheels in it).
And I love her new skater dress too because:
- She can put it on in about 0.36 seconds (let’s not talk about how long it takes her to put her school uniform on in the mornings).
- It took me less than 2 hours to make (I love a quick and easy sew).
- The fabric is AMAZING!!!!! Dark dusty blue with gold printed splashes. I was tempted to keep it for myself.
So the dress is a winner and perfect for this cold weather we are having here at the moment. Long sleeves and a high neck is definitely what we’re after. She’s happy, I’m happy. Hurrah!