Dear BERNINA blog readers
In summer 2017 we informed you that BERNINA DesignWorks is not compatible with Windows 10 Creators Update. Like other software vendors, we had been caught on the wrong foot by Microsoft: The Windows Creators update was automatically installed on many computers and brought extensive changes. One of the consequences was that DesignWorks could no longer be used. We apologize for the inconvenience caused by this and for the long wait.
Now we are happy to present you a new update of DesignWorks which solves this problem. We provide 10 free embroidery designs with the update as a gift for your patience!
Download the Update
We guide you step-by-step throught the installation process:
- Step 1: Click here to go to the installation page.
- Step 2: Fill out the form and accept the end-user-license-agreement.
- Step 3: Go to your e-mails and open the mail received by BERNINA.
- Step 4: Click on the link within the e-mail and start the download of the DesignWorks Update.
After submitting the form, you get a thank-you-page where you can download 10 embroidery designs for free.
These features come with the update
Compatible with Windows 7,8 and 10 and partial support for 4K screens
The update ensures compatibility with the Windows 7,8 and 10 operating systems. In addition, small icons are now displayed in large size on high-resolution screens thanks to 4K support.
Midi Hoop and Maxi Hoop added to the hoop selection
The BERNINA Midi Hoop and Maxi Hoop are now integrated in the hoop selection. The foot selection determines the embroidery area or template size. The following feet are available:
- Embroidery foot # 26
- Free-motion couching foot # 43
- Echoquilting- and CutWork foot# 44C
- CrystalWork foot# 48
- PaintWork foot# 93
New layout of the device selection
The device selection has been updated. All four output options are now available:
- EXP – Transfer to USB stick
- Needle – Direct transfer to machine via USB cable
- Deco – Transfer to USB stick for Deco machines
- Serial Port – Direct transfer to machine via serial interface
The dialog box looks like this:
The End-User-License-Agreement (EULA) has been supplemented. The paragraph “Operating System / Technical Specifications” has been added. Furthermore, the section “Disclaimer and Limitation of Liability” defines the warranty for operating system compatibility.
First, check your system requirements before you start the installation
- Your computer is operated by Windows® 7 Windows® 8 or Windows® 10.
- You have administrative rights for your computer.
- The dongle is not inserted in one of the USB ports. You won’t need the dongle during the whole installation process.
- Any applications are closed.
Second, check your software version
- Open DesignWorks and go to Help > About.
- If Build 7570 is indicated at the top on the right, you can install the Update (Build 7571) straight away.
- If Build 7460 is indicated, you have to download and install Build 7570 beforehand.
Third, download the DesignWorks Update
- Fill out the form and accept the End-User-License-Agreement (EULA).
- An e-mail will be sent to your e-mail account that you entered in the form.
- Click on the hyperlink within the e-mail and start the download.
The Update suits all three modules of the DesignWorks Software (CutWork, PaintWork, CrystalWork).
4. Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ)
You have questions about the update? Then take a look at the FAQs on our support page. If your questions are not answered in the FAQs, please write a blog comment.
What is DesignWorks all about?
You have no experience with DesignWorks? Then the update is the perfect moment to get started!
BERNINA DesignWorks consists of the software Suite forming the basis and containing the dongle. Furthermore, there are three modules CutWork, PaintWork and CrystalWork. After purchasing and installing the Suite, the modules can be activated via a software code. Modules and related tools can be purchased either individually or in combination at your dealer.
CutWork – Cut materials with the CutWork Tool
With CutWork software, you can create and edit forms that can be cut out and, for example, appliquéd. To achieve the desired results, you will need a BERNINA machine capable of embroidery and the CutWork tool, which you will insert in place of the needle. Break the mold and combine your embroideries with CutWork. You will be amazed at the gorgeous effects you can achieve – whether on garments, accessories, or quilts.
PaintWork – Paint your fabric
Painting your fabric in highest precision – that is BERNINA PaintWork. With the software you can create individual picture motifs on the screen and edit them in various ways. Subsequently, the motifs are transferred via USB connection to your embroidery machine. Attach the PaintWork tool in place of the presser foot on an embroidery-capable BERNINA. The tool is a retainer for textile pens in four different sizes.
CrystalWork – Brighten your cloths
Rhinestones are the effective design element on your dresses or accessories. With BERNINA CrystalWork, stencils can be produced for the precise application. This allows you to create your own glitter motifs. Just attach the CrystalWork tool in place of the presser foot on a embroidery-capable BERNINA. It is a small punching tool used to prepare a hole template for rhinestones.
Use the module you like most
Due to the modular system, you can use each module apart from the other. You only need the Suite as the basis. CutWork works on all BERNINA embroidery machines. PaintWork and CrystalWork are not compatible with all machines. Detailed information on the compatibility of the individual modules can be found in our accessories catalogue.
If you’d like to try DesignWorks, check out your local dealer for a demonstration of software and tools! The latest DesignWorks version will be available at special retailers by March, recognizable by a large red dot on the packaging. But you can start immediately without any problems. After purchasing DesignWorks, just install the update.