The original design was for use with an embroidery machine but after a request for a pattern for sewng machines I created a PDF pattern. Click here to download. clarence pattern
It is a PDF and can be printed but do make sure that the printers settings are set to ‘as in document’. The 4cm square is so that you can measure it and verify that it has printed to the correct size.
The eyes, nose , mouth, whiskers could be hand embroidered or use felt shapes and embroidery. Similarly the fish could be cut from felt and embroidered or just use your imagination.
2 x 15cm squares of fabric.
- I would recommend first marking all lines and details of the pattern on a 15 cm square of fabric using your preferred technique.
2. Embroider details of face and fish.
3. Ensure that you have marked stitching line on wrong side of embroidered square of fabric before placing both squares right sides together.
4. Stitch seam line leaving opening
TIP Use a very short stitch lenght 1.5mm to 2mm maximum for the seam line. I would also recommend using a triple stitch to reinforce this seam line.
5. After stitching seeam line cut the shape out. The outer redline of the pattern gives a 3mm seam allowance if you wish to use this as a cutting line. Clip curves and turn out carefully using tweezers to help.
Further information and tips can be found on the original blog on the embroidery page.