We are used to embroidering on fabric, for garments, home decoration and bags. But there is more you can do with your embroidery machine.. Embroider a colouring plate for Easter. It adds structure to the lines and helps the children to colour in the lines.
You can finish it in no time, and the children will have fun with it for hours. Spread the colouring over a few days, they will be proud to finish it day by day.
Benodigdheden om een kleurplaat voor Pasen te borduren:
- A sheet of heavy weight paper, standard size A4, 160 gram, colour offwhite.
- Mettler Seralon sewing thread in 2 colours.
- The free embroidery file in EXP, PES, JEF en HUS: Paasei Easter egg
- Embroidery stabilizer (or any size of paper that fits your hoop)
- Temporary adhesive spray Mettler Web Bond is useful.
- Embroidery machine (I use the BERNINA 700) with the Maxi Hoop
How to make this colouring plate?
Here’s information about the embroidery file:
Hoop the stabilizer in the Maxi hoop.
You will embroider 4 lines in the first embroidery object (take the colour for the egg), they show you the sizes for the sheet of paper for the files in EXP en PES. The JEF file only has sidelines and the HUS file doesn’t have these positioning lines, because the hoop is a little smaller.
After these positioning lines, you will embroider the egg with the intersecting lines and the overall outline.
Take a different thread colour for the decorations in the corners.
And it’s finished in no time.
Embroider a colouring plate for Easter, something original for the children to do in Easter vacation. Have fun!