In the Object properties box of each ‘Fancy Fill’ you have a number of options to change the look of each fill, and there is a choice of over 180 fills.. A great way to waste time on a wet afternoon!
I hope this article will give an insight into how to make the most of the amazing world of fancy fills within our Bernina Digitising software.
To get started I have provided the EMB files of the two bookmarks that I created so that you can change the chosen fill stitches as you wish.
EMB files These are zipped files. ‘Fish 1’ is the file that I started with in this tutorial. ‘Fish 2’ and ‘Round Miro’ are my final designs which I then wrote to the machine to stitch out.
At the end of this post is also a link to the EXP files.
- Open the provided EMB file ‘Fish 1’ in Bernina Digitising software
2. Select the white background area in the ‘Colour film’ and right click to open the object properties box.
4. Changing the rotation angle and the x and y sizes immediately changed the look of the diamond pattern. Tip. Remember to click apply to see changes in design.
4. As I saw fish shapes in this design I wanted a background fill that looked a little more like waves so clicked the arrow on the left of the pattern box to view my options and tried a fill called ‘Dune’
7. Now for the coloured shapes. I selected the top blue shape and pattern 114 Shell Inlay. Underneath the box showing the pattern fill in red there are two options ,grid or sculpture. Grid is the default setting and the pattern simply follows a straight line.
Now continue experimenting with filling each shape with fills and changing their settings until you are happy with your design.
Here is the link to the EXP embroidery files as in the previous Blog post. Miro stye bookmaks EXP files
I hope this has given an insight into how to make the most of the amazing world of fancy fills within our Bernina Digitising software.