I created an embroidery design for my part in Bernina’s Advent Calendar.
You can download the embroidery design for free from my post for the advent calendar here: Advent Calendar 2022 ‒ the 19th door
I wanted to share with you how I created the embroidery design with Bernina’s Embroidery Software 9 and Corel Draw so that you can create your own.
What will be needed:
- Bernina Embroidery Software 9
I created this artwork by drawing lines over a picture of my plant. This can be achieved in Corel Draw by using the Freehand, Pen or 2 Point Line Tool.
- Insert artwork.
- Select the hoop you will be using.
Right click on the Show Hoop to see the settings and choose a hoop.
I am using the Large Embroidery Hoop so I select that one.
- Resize the artwork to fit within the hoop/fit the item you are going to embroider.
- Select the Artwork and click on the Auto-digitize tool.
- Choose what colours to omit.
I didn’t want the white background to be converted to embroidery so I omitted it.
Select Centerline under the Stitch Details Tab.
- Delete the artwork and reshape the digitized object or edit its properties if necessary.
- Save, export or send to your Bernina machine via the WiFi Device.