I am using my vacation week to catch up with this QAL.
This row took me longer than anticipated, but it was so much fun!
I struggled a little with the stretchiness at the beginning, but found a solution by starching the heck out of this row (I usually don’t starch at all) – that gave me the stability I needed.
I had great fun improvising, but that is partly because I am hideously bad at following instructions. But I have learned to embrace that “failure” as a blessing, as it always leaves me with a one-of-a-kind, individual design. (“It’s not a mistake if you call it a design choice.”)
I decided not to trim as if yet, but when I do, I think I’ll try what ltejeda suggested in the comments on the instruction page (i.e. sewing a larger strip that is as wide as the row to both raw edges and then cutting that down the middle with sissors and trimming) – This is badly explained, she does it so much better, check out her comment!