CUTE LITTLE CHRISTMAS QUILT
My inspiration for this narrow Christmas quilt is the festive season and the little space that I have that is perfect to hang a small quilt. It is a cute little quilt that can be done in two hours and it will also make a lovely gift for that special friend!
A CUTE LITTLE CHRISTMAS QUILT
YOU WILL NEED
20” X 6” background fabric.
21” X 7” backing fabric
Enough fabric to bind the quilt
21” X 7” batting
13” X 5” Applique paper
Scraps (I used narrow strips)
Isacord thread to machine quilt the background
Shiny thread to couch and matching thread
Beads and sequins to decorate
- Iron scraps onto the applique paper and cut a circle and a triangle.
- Remove the release paper, position it in correct place and iron onto background fabric.
- Layer backing, batting and quilt top and pin.
- Use foot #74 to meander around the images. Do not quilt over the images.
- Use foot #43 and a shiny thread and couch around the images, catching the sides securely.
- Decorate the bauble and couch a string to the top that disappears off the quilt top.
- Sew a binding or a facing on.
- Sew sequins and beads on the Christmas tree (Optional)
- Sew a hanging sleeve at the back and enjoy your narrow Christmas quilt!
If you are passionate about textiles and want to learn more about how to incorporate my innovative techniques into your work, follow me on Instagram @tillydeharde and Facebook, Tilly de Harde Fibre Artist & Teacher and visit my website www.tillydeharde.com & subscribe to my mailing list. Please don’t forget to leave a comment in the comment box below!