You can easily embroider a cushion with a rabbit as a spring decoration, with this free file in EXP en PES.
The first sunny days give me a spring feeling.
What do you need for a cushion size 39 x 39 cm?
- Heavy weight fabric 86 cm x 40 cm
- Mettler Poly Sheen Multi in 2 colors, contrasting to the fabric
- Matching sewing thread.
- 2 buttons
- Cut away stabilizer
- The free embroidery files in EXP or PES Konijn Rabbit Maxi hoop
- Embroidery machine BERNINA 700
- I used a sewing machine similar to the BERNINA 740
- Overlock BERNINA L 460
- Buttonhole cutter (optional)
Embroider a rabbit on a cushion:
Download the free embroidery files in EXP or PES Konijn Rabbit Maxi hoop
Overlock the fabric.
Hoop the fabric with the stabilizer in the Maxi Hoop.
The rabbit is ready:
Sew the cushion:
Find the middle of the embroidered rabbit, and measure 38 cm wide. Iron both sides.
Turn the cushion inside out, so you have right sides facing one anohter, and pin:
Sew both side seams and turn the cushion. Pull out the corners.
Divide the opening in 3 and mark with an erasable marker.
Select a buttonhole in the machine.
I set width tot 5,5:
Use the buttonhole cutter instead of cutting, sew the buttons.
It was easy to embroider a rabbit on a cushion, don’t you think so?
Isn’t it a nice spring decoration? An eyecatcher in your livingroom.