Today we are opening Advent Calendar 2021 – the 3rd door. It’s ‘Time to Shine’, especially for today’s Christmas cards. The warmes wishes come from selfmade cards. Christmas time is so nice, it always makes you feel good to have a garland of cards in your home. This one is the ‘Christmas card BERNINA angel 2021’.
Time to shine, glitters and gold shine are always hot. That’s why I choose for organza and glitterstars.
The organza fabric and the glitter stars were coincidental thrift shop findings. The transparant plastic comes from waste package material.
Materials for one angel Christmas card:
- Organza fabric 33 x 13,5 cm
- Transparent plastic, 2 sheets of 19 x 13,5 cm
- Mettler Poly Sheen embroidery thread in 2 matching Christmas colours (and 2 bobbins with matching threads)
- Glitter stars
- A rotary cutter, ruler and cutting mat are very useful.
- Plastic to make the template
- Stabilizer to make the template.
- Free embroidery file in EXP, PES, XXX en JEF: Christmas card BERNINA angel 2021
Template to embroider the card
The file was made in BERNINA Embroidery Software 8.
This fixes the plastic to the stabilizer.
Cut out a rectangular hole, using the rotary cutter. Stay away 3mm on the inside of the rectangle. Cut the corners with scissors.
The template is ready for use:
Embroidery file for the angel Christmas card:
These are the embroidery lines:
- Fix plastic for the template to the stabilizer (take any colour for upper thread or bobbin thread)
- Red outline for the frame (take the same spoolthread as upperthread)
- Angel – first outline (take the same spoolthread) + straight line to fix the organza
- Engel – second outline (keep the same spoolthread as previous)
- Stars frame in the colour of the outline nr 2 (take same spoolthread).
How to embroider the angel Christmas card 2021
Take the hoop with the handle on the left and put the organza on top of the plastic sheet.
Tape the bottom part to the template. Fold the upper part over in a roll and tape it to the template as well.
Embroider the rectangle as outline for the frame (Organza and plastic are sewn together) and embroider the first line of the angel in the desired colour (think of matching bobbinthread) and embroider the straight line at the top side of the organza.
Unroll the upper part of the organza and fold over to the bottom of the project. Tape it. Embroider the second line of the angel and stop on the right side of the bottom part as shown in the picture below:
Lift the organza from the bottom part and put the stars in place:
Tape the organza back to the template and continue embroidering the rest of the angel. Put the second sheet of plastic on top. Embroider the frame (with the right colour bobbinthread).
Finishing the angel Christmas card:
Remove the tape. Your card comes out of the template. Cut away the left over plastic as near as you can, without hitting the decorative frame stitch.
Write your wish with a CD marker. The Christmas card is shiny and transparant!
Look at the transparant card. It could as well be used as Christmas decoration.
It’s my gift for you, a nice and original Christmas card. Because of the template, it is easy to make it over and over again, without spilling stabilizer.
Do you follow me on Instagram? You can see many of my BERNINA makes: Bea Callemeyn.
My best wishes for all blog-readers and their family as well as the whole BERNINA clan, wherever in the world they may live!