Why I love my Bernina Overlock L850!
I am the very proud owner of an amazing Overlock L850. I can honestly say it really is as amazing as I had dreamt off!
I use my Overlock most days when sewing. For those who have not yet used an Overlock machine, they are not as scary as they look!!!
I use my machine for sewing because it provides several advantages:
- Seams are finished and neat: Overlocking stitches cover the raw edges of the fabric, making them neat and tidy, perfect for finishing of Woven seam edges.
- Strong and durable: Overlocking stitches are strong and durable, which helps to prevent fraying and tearing.
- Speed: Overlock machines can sew faster than a traditional sewing machine, saving time and increasing efficiency.
- Versatility: Overlock machines can perform several types of stitches, making it a versatile tool for various sewing projects.
- Professional finish: An overlock machine gives a professional finish to any sewing project, making it suitable for high-end garments and other finished products.
Here are my 10 reasons as to why I can no longer sew without my Bernina L850!!
1. One-Step BERNINA Air Threader
No more fiddling around trying to thread those pesky looper threads! Thread the machine by one simple step! The threads are magically moved through the machine via one simple step on the foot control and the switch of a button. So both hands remain free. The L850 automatically sets the loopers in the correct position for the air threader – no turning the hand wheel or searching for the right position. Simply press the foot control and you’re off! totally amazes me every-time I thread up!
2. Thread BOTH the Upper & Lower Loopers at the Same Time!
Both loopers on the BERNINA L 850 can be threaded at the same time! This is totally cool! Position both the upper looper thread AND the lower looper thread into the air threading holes and the BERNINA L 850 serger will take them both in at the same time. One and done!
3. Perfect seams with Total Stitch Control
With the L890 you can change all settings individually and save up to 100 stitches in your Personal Memory. Also, stitch length, differential feed, thread tension, cutting width or any other stitch parameter can be adjusted while sewing. A simple turn of the mtc (Micro Thread Control) lets you modify the amount of overedge thread.
4. Convenient features you’ll love
By pressing the foot control with your heel, you can easily raise or lower the needle by a half stitch. The BERNINA Free Hand System (FHS) lets you raise and lower the presser foot with your knee, leaving both your hands free to guide the fabric.
5. Grand sewing space
The space offered on the L850 is generous by any definition. comes with a slide-on table to help extend the workspace. It has more room to the right of the needle (5 5/8″) and more work space height than any other BERNINA overlocker. Sew closed items with ease by simply sliding sleeves or cuffs over the convenient freearm.
6. Fast, precise & quiet
Not only can you sew quickly (1,500 stitches per minute), you can also sew stitch-by-stitch, making the flawless production of precise lines and curves a simple process. Plus, you will enjoy how extremely quiet the BERNINA L850 sews.
7. LED Light
Lighting is so important when selecting a new sewing machine, embroidery machine, or serger. The BERNINA L 850 has premium lighting on board! No need for additional lamps when working with this beauty!
8. The perfect seam for every idea
The L850 sews using 2, 3 or4 threads, providing the perfect seam for every design. From stretchy knits to the most loosely woven fabrics the L850 has the perfect stitch for particularly highly elastic and knitted materials, and threads.
9. 2-Thread Convertor Integrated into Machine
The BERNINA L 850 serger has an integrated 2-thread converter built into the upper looper. With no separate piece to lose, switching from a 4-thread to a 2-thread just got easier.
10. Quick threading
Easily change from one stitch to another the colour-coded one-path threading enables you to easily switch between Overlock, to rolled hem or flatlock stitches in no time at all.
Next time I will be talking about my Sewing machine and other sewing equipment I use regularly.