Ready for a new pattern? The top “Betty” with a collar in the front and a plunging neckline in the back will make heads turn! You can download the pattern until July 31, 2023. Check the paragraph “Download the free sewing pattern for the top “Betty” (July only)” for this month’s coupon code.
As always, you’ll have to be quick because each pattern is only available for free download in the month stated.
Sewing the top “Betty”
Shaping tape is ironed along the edges of the neckline of the front and back pieces to reinforce the neckline. The small bow at the tip of the plunging neckline underlines the V-shape, but also provides more stability.
In this blogpost, you find Bea’s the tutorial for the top Betty. The instructions and pictures will surely help to create your own!
Take a look at the magazine…
The pattern and sewing instructions for the top “Betty” appeared in the inspiration Magazine 2/20.
This issue features different styles and accessories: Be it a top, a dress or a bikini: patterns are indispensable this summer. If you find these designs too fancy, but still don’t want to do without a patterned piece, you can opt for stripes – the choice is huge. Floating, wide maxi dresses; this new trend promises a large portion of summer feeling, femininity and comfort, in addition to which the figure is wonderfully embraced. Whether dress or skirt, neither quite long nor midi, but somewhere in between – that is the new trend length.
Issue 2/20 is available as a single issue in the inspiration online shop at the following link:
You can buy the patterns and magazine online or have them conveniently delivered to your home.
Download the free sewing pattern for the top “Betty” (July 2023 only)
You can download the free pattern and instructions for the top “Betty” with the coupon code BETTY_7/23 in the inspiration shop. Use the coupon code during check out and you can download the pattern and instructions!
- In the inspiration shop, choose the print format for your pattern in the drop down and click “Add to cart”
- Continue to the checkout or browse the website for some more patterns.
- If you do not have an account, fill out the “Billing details” and choose if you wish to create an account or not.
- If you already do have an account, log in at the “Returning customer” section on the right.
- Enter the coupon code BETTY_7/23 on the bottom right and click on “Apply coupon”. A notification “Coupon code applied successfully.” will appear above the coupon section.
- Scroll down and click on “Continue with step 2”. If you added another pattern to your cart or the coupon code was not successfully applied, you will be asked to choose a payment method. Otherwhise, your bill equals 0.- and you will be forwarded to the overview of your order. Read and agree with the terms, then complete the purchase. You can download the instructions and pattern on the next page or with the download links via email.
If you prefer to download the pattern as usual on the BERNINA Website, visit www.bernina.com/inspiration-freebie.
Unzip the zip file containing the instructions
With the downloads, you will receive:
- A PDF file with the pattern in the format of your choice. You can print the A4 and US Letter format on your regular printer at home and stick the sheets together. Make sure you print out the pattern using the “original size” setting. Check the test square to make sure the pattern has been printed out in the correct size. Some patterns are available as A0 format, which you can print at your local print shop.
- A zip file containing the sewing instructions in several languages with information on materials, cutting out and sewing. You will have to unzip it to access the PDF instructions. In Windows, you do this by right clicking on the file and clicking on the menu item “Extract all”. On a Mac, you can unzip zip files by double clicking the left mouse button.
Downloaded files are generally automatically put into the downloads folder, but this depends on the operating system, the device used and your local settings. If you download the file on your smartphone and cannot find the file or cannot unzip it, please try using a desktop computer.
Do you want to sew the top “Betty”, but missed the download?
No problem! You can order the pattern from the shop, download and print it or have it delivered to your home. Simply click on the following link:
We wish you lots of fun with your sewing!