The loosely fitting dress “Jasmin” with wing sleeves is perfect for warm days, and the generous floral embroidery in white is the attention getter par excellence. You can download the pattern, instructions and the “Sepia Petals” set with 43 embroidery designs for free until June 30, 2023. The download process is different then usual, so be sure to check the paragraph “Download the free sewing pattern and embroidery designs for the dress “Jasmin” (June only)”.
As always, you’ll have to be quick because each pattern and embroidery designs are only available for free download in the month stated.
Sewing the dress “Jasmin”
If you decide to embroider your dress, then do not cut your fabric yet! First, mark the outlines of the whole upper front part on the fabric. You want to embroider it first, and then cut it out. This will make hooping the fabric and preventing shrinkage a lot easier. Find the tutorial with pictures in this blogpost.
Cut out your pattern pieces and sew them together according to the instructions. The dress itself is easy to assemble, the neckline facing and pockets are fast to make!
Take a look at the magazine…
The pattern and sewing instructions for the dress “Jasmin” appeared in the inspiration Magazine 1/20.
This issue features different styles and accessories: Whether dresses, ethno look or sports fashion – you will certainly find great basics and leisure cuts and chic patterns for office wear. In addition, wild decoration ideas are also waiting for your home!
Issue 1/20 is available as a single issue in the inspiration online shop at the following link:
You can buy the patterns and magazine online or have them conveniently delivered to your home.
Download the free sewing pattern and embroidery designs for the dress “Jasmin” (June 2023 only)
This month, the download process is a bit different:
- You can download the free pattern and instructions for the dress “Jasmin” with the voucher code JASMIN_6/23 in the inspiration shop. Just use the voucher code during check out and you can download the pattern and instructions!
- OESD is offering the full “Sepia Petals” set with 43 embroidery designs. You can find the voucher code for the embroidery files in the instructions (yellow square). Use the code during check out on embroideryonline.com and you can download the full set for free! More information about the collection in the blogpost ‘Free collection of 43 embroidery designs’
If you prefer to download the pattern as usual, visit www.bernina.com/inspiration-freebie. The process for the embroidery files is the same as described above.
Unzip the zip file containing the pattern
In case you download the zip file instead of the pdf’s, this is what you will find in the extracted folder:
- Sewing instructions with information on materials, cutting out and sewing
- A pattern in A4 and US Letter format. You can print this out on your regular printer at home and stick the sheets together. Make sure you print out the pattern using the “original size” setting. Check the test square to make sure the pattern has been printed out in the correct size.
- A pattern in A0 is also provided. You can print it at your local print shop.
Please note that clicking the download button will automatically download the zip file to your computer. You will have to unzip it to access the PDF pattern. In Windows, you do this by right clicking on the file and clicking on the menu item “Extract all”. On a Mac, you can unzip zip files by double clicking the left mouse button.
Downloaded files are generally automatically put into the downloads folder, but this depends on the operating system, the device used and your local settings. If you download the file on your smartphone and cannot find the file or cannot unzip it, please try using a desktop computer.
Do you want to sew the dress “Jasmin”, but missed the download?
No problem! You can order the pattern from the shop, download and print it or have it delivered to your home. Simply click on the following link:
We wish you lots of fun with your sewing!