This month’s free pattern is the cute children’s dress “Nahla” with 3D flower embroidery. The design can also be created without an embroidery module and I’ll tell you how later in the article! You can download the pattern and embroidery design until August 31, 2023. Check the paragraph “Download the free sewing pattern for the dress “Nahla” (August only)” for this month’s coupon code.
As always, you’ll have to be quick because each pattern is only available for free download in the month stated.
Sewing the dress “Nahla”
The 3D flower embroidery with organza is the highlight of this dress. You can either embroider the stems with your embroidery module, or you can recreate this embroidery design with free-motion embroidery. Cut circles out of organza in various colours and diameters, clean up the edges with a lighter (test if you can melt the edges of your material before cutting), place 3-5 layers of organza on top of each other and fold them twice. Attach them with a few stitches in a cup shape.
The edges of the sleeve frills are finished with a rolled hem, but the frills at the bottom are doubled. The dress is closed with a button in the back. Bea has sewn the “Nahla” dress and if you have questions for certain steps, her article might solve a few!
Take a look at the magazine…
The pattern and sewing instructions for the dress “Nahla” appeared in the inspiration Magazine 2/21.
This issue features happy bits and pieces for the wardrobe, such as airy dresses, casual tops and skirts. Or what about a relaxing weekend getaway? Quickly pack cosmetics, the pretty dress, and a change of shoes – all this fits perfectly into the new self-sewn garment bags in this issue.
Issue 2/21 is available as a single issue in the inspiration online shop at the following link:
You can buy the patterns and magazine online or have them conveniently delivered to your home.
Download the free sewing pattern for the dress “Nahla” (August 2023 only)
You can download the free pattern and instructions for the top “Betty” with the coupon code NAHLA_8/23 in the inspiration shop. Use the coupon code during check out and you can download the pattern and instructions!
- In the inspiration shop, choose the print format for your pattern in the drop down and click “Add to cart”
- Continue to the checkout or browse the website for some more patterns.
- If you do not have an account, fill out the “Billing details” and choose if you wish to create an account or not.
- If you already do have an account, log in at the “Returning customer” section on the right.
- Enter the coupon code NAHLA_8/23 on the bottom right and click on “Apply coupon”. A notification “Coupon code applied successfully.” will appear above the coupon section.
- Scroll down and click on “Continue with step 2”. If you added another pattern to your cart or the coupon code was not successfully applied, you will be asked to choose a payment method. In that case, enter the coupon code on the right and you will be forwarded without entering a payment method.
Your bill should equal 0.- in the overview of your order. Read and agree with the terms, then complete the purchase. You can download the instructions and pattern on the next page or with the download links via email.
If you prefer to download the pattern as usual on the BERNINA Website, visit www.bernina.com/inspiration-freebie.
Unzip the zip file containing the instructions
With the downloads, you will receive:
- A PDF file with the pattern in the format of your choice. You can print the A4 and US Letter format on your regular printer at home and stick the sheets together. Make sure you print out the pattern using the “original size” setting. Check the test square to make sure the pattern has been printed out in the correct size. Some patterns are available as A0 format, which you can print at your local print shop.
- A zip file containing the sewing instructions in several languages with information on materials, cutting out and sewing. You will have to unzip it to access the PDF instructions. In Windows, you do this by right clicking on the file and clicking on the menu item “Extract all”. On a Mac, you can unzip zip files by double clicking the left mouse button.
- A zip file containing the embroidery designs. Unzip these files as described above and transfer the BMP, EXP and PES file to your embroidery machine via USB.
Downloaded files are generally automatically put into the downloads folder, but this depends on the operating system, the device used and your local settings. If you download the file on your smartphone and cannot find the file or cannot unzip it, please try using a desktop computer.
Do you want to sew the dress “Nahla”, but missed the download?
No problem! You can order the pattern from the shop, download and print it or have it delivered to your home. Simply click on the following link:
We wish you lots of fun with your sewing!