Good news for all teddy fur fans: This month’s free pattern is the jacket “Teddy”, which is a trendy inter-seasonal piece for your wardrobe. You can download the pattern until October 31, 2023. Check the paragraph “Download the free sewing pattern for the jacket “Teddy” (October only)” for this month’s coupon code.
As always, you’ll have to be quick because each pattern is only available for free download in the month stated.
Sewing the jacket “Teddy”
Since teddy fabric is very soft, we reinforced all hems, neckline edges and the big collar. This prevents the jacket from loosing its shape over time. The jacket is closed with metal snaps, which are sewn on by hand.
Sewing with teddy fabric presents a special challenge. The Three-Sole Walking Foot with Seam Guide #50 or Dual Feed on your machine will prove essential to transport the bulky fabric when sewing. There are also ways to treat the seams. You can pull the fleece out of the seams with a needle, resulting in less bulky or noticeable seams.
Do you want to know more about working with teddy fabric? Marlies made a coat with the fluffy material and shows her tricks to achieve a professional finish.
To the article: Cosy cardigan – Zebra meets Teddy
Take a look at the magazine…
The pattern and sewing instructions for the jacket “Teddy” appeared in the inspiration Magazine 3/21 and made it on the cover.
Be it a shell coat or a comfortable jersey dress, a teddy jacket or homewear, being cosily wrapped up makes you feel much more comfortable and protected at this time of year. But also the festive events are coming near, so we went for a floral dress, a leather skirt and a sparkling blouse with matching clutch – quickly sewn and yet very striking. There is an adorable frilled dress for our little princesses and also something for the little princes that will make grannies shine at Christmas. The home office benefits from a discreetly chic look and we have also the right accessories for a pleasant board game party in store. So we can feel completely at ease even in this season.
Issue 3/21 is available as a single issue in the inspiration online shop at the following link:
You can buy the patterns and magazine online or have them conveniently delivered to your home.
Download the free sewing pattern for the jacket “Teddy” (October 2023 only)
You can download the free pattern and instructions with the coupon code TEDDY_10/23 in the inspiration shop. Use the coupon code during check out and you can download the pattern and instructions!
- In the inspiration shop, choose the print format in the drop down and click “Add to cart”
- Continue to the checkout or browse the website for some more patterns.
- If you do not have an account, fill out the “Billing details” and choose if you wish to create an account or not.
- If you already do have an account, log in at the “Returning customer” section on the right.
- Enter the coupon code TEDDY_10/23 on the bottom right and click on “Apply coupon”. A notification “Coupon code applied successfully.” will appear above the coupon section.
- Scroll down and click on “Continue with step 2”. If you added another pattern to your cart or the coupon code was not successfully applied, you will be asked to choose a payment method. In that case, enter the coupon code on the right and you will be forwarded without entering a payment method.
- Your bill should equal 0.- in the overview of your order. Read and agree with the terms, then complete the purchase. You can download the instructions and pattern on the next page or with the download links via email.
If you prefer to download the pattern as usual on the BERNINA Website, visit www.bernina.com/inspiration-freebie.
Unzip the zip file containing the instructions
With the downloads, you will receive:
- A PDF file with the pattern in the format of your choice. You can print the A4 and US Letter format on your regular printer at home and stick the sheets together. Make sure you print out the pattern using the “original size” setting. Check the test square to make sure the pattern has been printed out in the correct size. Some patterns are available as A0 format, which you can print at your local print shop.
- A zip file containing the sewing instructions in several languages with information on materials, cutting out and sewing. You will have to unzip it to access the PDF instructions. In Windows, you do this by right clicking on the file and clicking on the menu item “Extract all”. On a Mac, you can unzip zip files by double clicking the left mouse button.
Downloaded files are generally automatically put into the downloads folder, but this depends on the operating system, the device used and your local settings. If you download the file on your smartphone and cannot find the file or cannot unzip it, please try using a desktop computer.
Do you want to sew the jacket “Teddy”, but missed the download?
No problem! You can order the pattern from the shop, download and print it or have it delivered to your home. Simply click on the following link:
We wish you lots of fun with your sewing!