This month’s free pattern is the skirt “Sarah”, a must have for your changing seasons wardrobe. Style it with tights and boots for colder days or combine it with an oversized T-shirt and sneakers for a warm city trip. You can download the pattern until September 30, 2023. Check the paragraph “Download the free sewing pattern for the skirt “Sarah” (September only)” for this month’s coupon code.
As always, you’ll have to be quick because each pattern is only available for free download in the month stated.
Sewing the skirt “Sarah”
We chose a slightly stretchy woven fabric with a classic plaid pattern. The material and 3 box folds in front & back make this skirt incredibly comfortable to wear and move in. Just look at how the model is able to pose… Do I need to say more?
We checked the placing of the pattern on the fabric several times to make sure the horizontal lines match up at the seams. If you need some tips on how to align the fabric perfectly, check the article Cutting Chequered Fabrics ‒ Tips about sewing various Materials and Fabrics.
The closure consists of an invisible zipper in the side seam and a button on the waistband.
Take a look at the magazine…
The pattern and sewing instructions for the skirt “Sarah” appeared in the inspiration Magazine 3/20.
This issue features practical and comfortable fashion, which is at the same time individual. Moreover, it may also be something sustainable! How about, for example, bringing old sweaters, jeans, or fabric remnants to new life? And for Christmas there is a lot to discover, from decorations to gifts and wrappings, which makes the festive season even more beautiful.
Issue 3/20 is available as a single issue in the inspiration online shop at the following link:
You can buy the patterns and magazine online or have them conveniently delivered to your home.
Download the free sewing pattern for the skirt “Sarah” (September 2023 only)
You can download the free pattern and instructions with the coupon code SARAH_9/23 in the inspiration shop. Use the coupon code during check out and you can download the pattern and instructions!
- In the inspiration shop, choose the print format in the drop down and click “Add to cart”
- Continue to the checkout or browse the website for some more patterns.
- If you do not have an account, fill out the “Billing details” and choose if you wish to create an account or not.
- If you already do have an account, log in at the “Returning customer” section on the right.
- Enter the coupon code SARAH_9/23 on the bottom right and click on “Apply coupon”. A notification “Coupon code applied successfully.” will appear above the coupon section.
- Scroll down and click on “Continue with step 2”. If you added another pattern to your cart or the coupon code was not successfully applied, you will be asked to choose a payment method. In that case, enter the coupon code on the right and you will be forwarded without entering a payment method.
- Your bill should equal 0.- in the overview of your order. Read and agree with the terms, then complete the purchase. You can download the instructions and pattern on the next page or with the download links via email.
If you prefer to download the pattern as usual on the BERNINA Website, visit www.bernina.com/inspiration-freebie.
Unzip the zip file containing the instructions
With the downloads, you will receive:
- A PDF file with the pattern in the format of your choice. You can print the A4 and US Letter format on your regular printer at home and stick the sheets together. Make sure you print out the pattern using the “original size” setting. Check the test square to make sure the pattern has been printed out in the correct size. Some patterns are available as A0 format, which you can print at your local print shop.
- A zip file containing the sewing instructions in several languages with information on materials, cutting out and sewing. You will have to unzip it to access the PDF instructions. In Windows, you do this by right clicking on the file and clicking on the menu item “Extract all”. On a Mac, you can unzip zip files by double clicking the left mouse button.
Downloaded files are generally automatically put into the downloads folder, but this depends on the operating system, the device used and your local settings. If you download the file on your smartphone and cannot find the file or cannot unzip it, please try using a desktop computer.
Do you want to sew the skirt “Sarah”, but missed the download?
No problem! You can order the pattern from the shop, download and print it or have it delivered to your home. Simply click on the following link:
We wish you lots of fun with your sewing!